Monday, May 08, 2006

The Brand Called You

I came across this article this morning and found it to be very insightful and challenging. It was written by Tom Peters and published in Fast Company. He is challenging us to start thinking of ourselves as a brand instead of just a sales manager, or janitor, or marketing director, or project manager. He says, "To be in business today, our most important job is to be head marketer for the brand called You." I found this quote to be very challenging.

How do we market ourselves with humility? How do we not run over people marketing ourselves? How do we tell authentic stories about who we are to market ourselves? How do we shine a light on God and make much of Him in our lives while still becoming the best at what we do? Where's the balance of us getting better and God getting all the credit? How do we maintain our brand and not forget who made us?

I think part of his challenge is true. I want to always be raising the crown above my head to grow up into it. And in so doing, I am becoming all that He wants me to become and made me to become! I have to play a role in responding to who I was made to be.

0 comments: