Monday, May 22, 2006

No PRESSURE!!!!!!!!!

This weekend I had the privilege of preaching in "Big Church" as our Senior Pastor was in India. After putting on my microphone I turned around to see Dr. Means. Who is he? The first senior pastor of our church and one of my professors at Denver Seminary. He looks at me, sees the microphone and says, "Oh, your preaching... what's your text?" My reply, "Uhh...Elijah and the Widow at Zarephath." Dr. Means, "Ahh yes, I've preached on that text more than a few times and Elijah is one of my favorite characters in the Old Testament!"

My reply, "Gulp!"

No pressure!

1 comments:

Seth Hanson said...

priceless story that only few of us will understand.

Of course he has taught on that text a few times (what kind of guy asks you what text besides a great like Means?).

I love that guy.

Enjoy this Sunday...and don't be affraid.