Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Worship Jamz - Not When I Was a Child

We bought this two disc collection for our boys! It's actually done really well! Noah's favorite song is "Open the Eyes of My Heart." He could listen to it over and over!

It struck me this morning as I was watching Noah mouth the words to this song that he and I are going to have different childhoods. I wasn't singing "open the eyes of my heart" or "every move I make I make in you Jesus." It's not a rip on my parents, I just went to the catholic church occasionally and I don't remember God being a very big subject in our home when I was a kid. The only real memories I have of the catholic church is farting during mass and my mom getting mad at me. It still makes me laugh to this day! I can hear her now, "Daniel!"

I wonder what Noah's new favorite song will be next week! I am hoping Noah will be singing, "Forever God is faithful, forever God is strong, forever God is with us, forever...forever!" I love this song on this cd!

2 comments:

Trevor said...

I hope next week Noah will be singing "I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a girl who looked good I would call her..."

Dan Luebcke said...

hmmmm...that would be interesting!