Monday, November 21, 2005

31 & Counting!

Today I celebrate 31 years of being alive on this earth! It's interesting how important your 30th birthday is supposed to be and how unimportant your 31st is supposed to be.

Here are some highlights that made this day just as special as the 30th one!

1. When I walked down stairs today my boys yelled, "Happy Birthday Dad!"

2. When I walked into Club U.S.A. this morning and swiped my card the computer told me Happy Birthday! I couldn't believe it!

3. I had a great time at Caribou Coffee with Tyler. Tyler is a student at Denver Seminary that I get the privilege of mentoring.

4. I had lunch with my buddy Gary who is the student ministries pastor at Calvary Bible in Boulder. He is truly a kindred-spirit in ministry. He is going on Sabbatical Thursday and I am jealous.

5. I went to Panera and started working on our new series in 180 on Romans 8.

6. We all went to Noodles for dinner.

7. The boys and I found Neverland tonight building a sweet fort as we were escaping the paws of the evil green monster.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan, Wow, 31!! Congrats. Kristen B. passed on this link to me so that I could keep up with my ever-so-old youth pastor. I feel like it has been ages since I've seen or spoken to you. My summer was increadible in the NC and I'm now keeping busy as an RA at CSU besides my 17 credit hours and volunteer work I'm doing. So, life is pretty full but I'm growing up and growing older too, it's kind of fun. I just turned 20 last month! So, feel free to email me at any time but I'll be checking your blog to keep up with you. Happy 31st and Happy Thanksgiving!

Erika

Dan Luebcke said...

E Lin!

Ever-so-old? Didn't you mean ever-so-cool! Ha Ha!

Great to hear from you!

I am going to try to get up to Ft. Fun soon for lunch! I will let you know!