Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A House Full of College Students!



This morning I picked up one of our former students at the airport who is back for the Thanksgiving break. We went to Q'doba and then to his house! When we got to his house I found out his older brother was back from Dallas Baptist. It was great to catch up with them both. Then right before I was going to leave their two sisters showed up with their mom!

4 college students from the same home in the kitchen together...home for Thanksgiving. Does it get any better for mom?

It was great to see them interact as they all came through our high school ministry and I can remember them all as seventh graders! They just seemed...well, like they weren't in high school. It's hard to explain.

Anyway here are a couple of thoughts that came to my mind from this experience.

First, it was great to be standing in their kitchen knowing that I have have known them since seventh grade. I thanked God that I could be a consistent male figure in their lives as they come from a divorced home. Who would of thought we would have a moment like this some 8 years later?

Second, I just got fired up to think about what it must be like to be the parent of college age students...besides expensive! It's almost impossible for me to think of Noah and Josiah as college studs! Or for that matter, their soon to be brother or sister!

0 comments: