Sunday, August 05, 2007

A wedding to remember

Last night I got the chance to officiate my cousin Kellie's wedding. Her husband Steve works on the Furniture Row Nascar engine!

We had a great time. It started sprinkling outdoors when the wedding started but the downpour held off until we were done!

What made this a wedding to remember was the dance floor at the reception. I requested Heavy D & The Boyz "Now That We've Found Love" and started to line up people on the dance floor like at the end of the movie "Hitch!"

I soon realized it was me and about 10 women, of which two were my wife and sister. Soon it was my turn to head down and bust out some moves. I am pretty sure what happened next has never been attempted by a pastor officiating a wedding from Southern Gables Church. I busted out the centipede in my suit!

When I came got up and headed to my table a couple in their 70's asked me, "Do you really work in a church?"

I am still laughing! I had so much fun at that wedding!

1 comments:

Jen said...

Dan doing the centipede. I would pay money to see that ...