Thursday, January 12, 2006

Leading a small group

This semester I am taking over the leadership of one of our i2i groups. Jimmy, their leader, was offered a job that he couldn't pass up and it requires traveling to California weekly. With no adult males in our church to assume the role I stepped in. Last night was our first night together. We were missing a few of our guys but for those who were there we had a great time.

I haven't been an official leader of a group since I was shepherding the middle school. Last night reminded why I believe so strongly in making small group ministry a part of what we are doing in our high school ministry.

On Wednesdays I want our leaders to be thinking about these four elements: Word, Worship/Prayer, Fellowship & Outreach. Last night we focused on the first three.

We focused on what it means to be strong and courageous men out of Joshua 1. We had a great time of fellowship (high and low's over the break), and a time of prayer. I am looking forward to next week.

0 comments: