Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Winter Retreat 2006

This week has literally been a race to get all the things done that need to be completed to get this retreat off the ground. Our retreat this year is centered around the theme "The Race." We are using 1 Cor. 9:24-26 as our text for the four messages that will be delivered by Doug Herman. We are using the theme in light of the Olympics that will start in February. Foolish Things will be leading our music and prayer throughout the weekend.

We are going to Crooked Creek Ranch and there will be plenty of broom ball to be played, not to mention fitting 100 students in a hot tub!

I am excited about the other nine churches that are partnering with us this weekend! Our four messages are as follows:

Friday Night - Run with Purpose - "Run in such a win as to get the prize, Not aimlessly"
Saturday Morning - Run with Perpetration - "Everyone who runs with strict training"
Saturday Night - Run with Perseverance - "I beat my body, and make it my slave, so that I will not be disqualified"
Sunday Morning - Run with Passion - "Run with reckless abandonment"

My prayer for each student this weekend is Psalm 119:18!

1 comments:

Alice Robbins said...

I AM PRAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!