Monday, January 30, 2006

Winter Retreat @ Crooked Creek 2006

Here's an overview of the weekend!

- Snow, Snow, Snow! I have never seen that much snow in Winter Park/Fraser.
- Foolish Things did a good job of leading us to focus on God during our sessions.
- Doug Herman balanced humor and depth to speak to our students.
- SGC took the basketball tournament in a landslide. Two SGC teams played each other for the title.
- We didn't win the dodgeball tournament.
- The food was exceptional.
- Our senior dinner was a lot of fun, but the Mexican food killed us on Sunday morning!
- The Hot Tub was a hit!
- We missed Julie! She was at home because of her pregnancy and the boys were sick!
- Our Saturday night large group time as a high school ministry was filled with authenticity.
- Our senior guys did a great job of honoring our senior girls on Saturday night.
- Our senior girls gave all the girls that attended at high school survival kit!
- I had the privilege to pray over the senior girls.
- All the male staff joined me as we laid hands on the senior men and prayed for them.
- We used clips from Chariots of Fire throughout the weekend to highlight our theme of running the race. The clips were awesome!
- The drive home was slow until we got to 1-70 due to all the snow!
- Our t-shirts were long sleeve, dark brown, with the picture of an olive oil bottle with the words "Don't be afraid" underneath it. Our shirt design was taken from our series in Elijah this past fall. The design came from the first story of Elijah with the widow at Zarapheth. I will blog more on this later.
- I am continuously amazed at how God uses these weekends to shape the spiritual lives of our students!
- I thank God for my staff that gave up their weekends to serve alongside me!

2 comments:

Alice Robbins said...

It sounds like God was there! I wish could have been! God has been here. Even with all of the snow and cold, I feel His presence and KNOW that I am to be here!

Dan Luebcke said...

Amen Alice! I am so glad that you feel His presence and empowerment as you serve in Poland! We missed you at Winter Retreat!

Stay warm!