Saturday, February 25, 2006

Adah Jane

It's a girl! Adah joined our family at 7:33 on February 24, 2006 - HER DUE DATE! She was 7 lbs and 18 1/2 inches long! Her name means, "beautiful addition!"

We arrived at the hospital at 5:00!

We had everyone and anyone that you can imagine here for the birth. Banes, Coombs, Lords, Fishes, Hodges, Will, Al & Laura, Emma, Kellen, Maddox, Logan, Noah, Josiah, Bob and Debbie.

Adah is doing extremely well. She is in great health! Her apgar was a 9. I have to brag for a minute.

Our pediatrician came in and said, "First of all, your daughter is so beautiful. There are six girls down there right now and they are cute, but yours just stood out to me!"

The beautiful addition indeed!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!!

Dan Luebcke said...

Thanks Jesse!!!!!!!!!!

Great to hear from you bro!

How are you all doing?

Trevor said...

She is cute! Get ready to intimidate the boyfriends! Congrats!

Pat R said...

Congratulations!! She's beautiful and I can't wait to see her, and hold her, this fall. Get ready to turn into a sap where your daughter is concerned.

Bless you both!
I love you.

Dan Luebcke said...

Trevor - She is bro! I have a 45 and shovel ready for the big day!

Pat - I am so glad you got to see her!!!!!!!!!! I need some sappiness in my life!!!!! We hope you are doing well. Have a good night sleep in Spain!

Anonymous said...

You forgot to put that Tho and Eho were there. Won't live that one down for a while. I can't believe that all of us were able to be there. What a blessing from God!

Dan Luebcke said...

Holy Cow HODGES!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I believe we met back in your seminary days. I am married to Charlie Dean's brother Adam. I came across your blog through Charlie's. I just wanted to say that we too have 2 boys 4 & 2 1/2 and had a baby girl in June. (We didn't know the sex either) It is truly amazing...be prepared for a whole new experience. She is precious. Congratulations!
Andrea Dean

Anonymous said...

Yay! She is beautiful. I love her name, too. Very fitting! Can't wait to see her.
Later.

Alice Robbins said...

Wow! My week has started on a GREAT note! I just got my emails and your news will make this week ever more sweeter! Congrats Julie and Dan! What a wonderful, beutiful gift from our Lord!

Dan Luebcke said...

Andrea - Thanks for the comment! I do remember you! Waiting to find out was AMAZING! We cried so much. Nothing can replace that moment - I would wait 60 weeks for that moment again!

Jen - Her name is very fitting! She can't wait to see you!

Alice - WE MISS YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for the two of you. She is beautiful. My third graders also agree that she is very cute.

Julie W.