Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Worship as Wonder

I really like this book. My friend Frank recommended it to me a couple of years ago. Thanks Frank!

My senior pastor reminded me how much I liked it when he quoted one of my favorite parts of the book in his sermon on Sunday.

“Too much of our time is spent trying to chart God on a grid, and too little time is spent allowing our hearts to feel awe… There are things you cannot understand, and you must learn to live with this. Not only must you learn to live with this, you must learn to enjoy this.”

“At the end of the day, when I am lying in bed and I know the chances of any of our theology being exactly right are a million to one, I need to know that God has things figured out, that if my (theories) are wrong we are still going to be okay… I don’t think there is any better worship than wonder.”

My heart is wandering towards the wonder of birth. As we wait for the arrival of our third child in the next 10 days my heart is captured with wonder...and it's worship! There really is nothing better!

0 comments: