Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Amazing Race in my Backyard!


Well not really, but this week's episode of the Amazing Race started about 4 miles from my house at the historic Red Rocks Amphitheater. It was awesome to see all of the teams standing in a place that I have stood. The headed down 1-70 East to D.I.A. It was awesome to see a show that takes people all around the world start so close to home.

Red Rocks is more than just a place where U2 has played. I have some personal history at Red Rocks! Both my wife and I had our graduation ceremonies there way back in the day in 1993 on the same day! We held our freshmen initiation breakfast in our high school ministry there a few years ago. But I might have topped all that as last year I officiated a wedding on the stage for a couple in our church! Now that was sweet!

Our pick to win - the frat brothers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luebcke, While I agree that it was exciting to see The Amazing Race start in CO, I have to disagree with who will win the race. The frat boys seem the likely winner now, but their lazy attitude toward life will catch up with them, look for the black couple or even the nerds to pick up the million bucks. Oh, and I really wanted to hit the dentist. Pompous . . . . hey good to see the kids! Adah is beautiful! Congratulations! And while I am here - thanks for the link to Pipers article. Yancey has a new one at CT online that I am curious what you think about, http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2005/011/19.128.html Its called exploring a parallel universe, check it out . . . could be good for discussion.
Hodges

Trevor said...

One time I went to Red Rocks. Actually seven times.

Dan Luebcke said...

PBS! What is up dude? Great to hear from you. Frat boys all the way! Yeah, the dentist is a tad bit impatient.

Thanks for the link to Yancey! I heard PBS # 2 is on the way! Congrats yourself!

Dan Luebcke said...

Trevor - your so cool!