Thursday, March 09, 2006

Seminary, Youthworker Networks, Walt Mueller & 10 Years!

Today I had the privilege to have the two youth networks I am a part of together at Denver Seminary. Dr. Brad Widstom, who oversees the youth ministry department, is a leader in our high school ministry and asked me if I would be willing to invite the two networks I was a part of to meet in front of his class! We said "YES!"

Chris Brock from Chic-fil-A hooked us up with some great chicken! Thanks Chris!

The purpose of our time was to model for the students in the MA or MDiv Youth and Family degree the value of networking both in your denomination and in your community.

We also spent some time in Walt's book, Engaging the Soul of Youth Culture, as we looked at the 17 characteristics that make up the students we are trying to reach in the context of postmodern worldview! We had a great discussion.

I am thrilled to be a part of the EFCA denomination and the value they place on networking. Likewise, I love my SW connection! It was this connection that gave us strength as we walked through the Columbine tragedy several years ago.

I've been a part of both groups for 10 years and I will always make it a priority to take time out of my schedule to meet with my brothers and sisters who share the same passion as me!

0 comments: