Thursday, March 30, 2006

Tiger Woods wants to get better! Do you?

On Sunday I watched an interview with Tiger Woods on 60 Minutes. I thought it was an impressive interview. The transcript link is below.

What struck me was how Tiger thinks he can't get better. Here's part of the interview.

As much as Tiger savors his victories, he's willing to risk losing to improve his game. He has changed his swing twice to make it more consistent. After the last time, in 2002, he went more than two years without winning a major and lost his number one ranking. All of a sudden, Tiger looked vulnerable. Tiger took a lot of criticism from some of the golf press for changing his golf swing twice. Woods says he changed the swing to become better. "You can always become better," he says.

What I loved about this comment is that even if you are the best at what you do there is always room for improvement. You can always improve your swing! I want to start living that way. I want to wake up everyday hungrier to be a better husband, father, youth pastor, friend, brother, son, leader, follower...you name it.

There's always room for me to improve my swing!

If Tiger hasn't arrived in his profession then none of us have in ours. Let's take a lesson from Tiger off the golf course that humility is part of becoming great!

TIGER WOODS TRANSCRIPT

0 comments: