Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Big Moo - 2

In the chapter "How To Be A Failure" two things stood out of the list of 11 things written.

First, you'll fail at being remarkable if you "Don't bother to dramatically increase the quality of your presentation style."

How do I re-invent myself in front of students, parents, peers, and those who are leading me? One thing that has hit me with this statement is that if I am not wanting to increase the quality of my presentation style I need to check my passion barometer.

Second, you'll fail at being remarkable "If you always go for the big win."

I want to be faithful in the small projects, routine phone calls, emails, appointments, study, etc... Too often in the church I think we miss the principle that remarkability is birthed from consistently improving each quarter, each semester and each year in using what we were gifted to do to serve Christ and the glory of His kingdom. Sure we'll have times when we say "NO DEAL" and end up winning 2 million, but how often does that happen?

One of the big wins for me is longevity and consistency in a community of people where they know that who they are is more important than what they do for you. The win is in the everyday communication that you (the leader) are in it for the long haul of building a relationship around them as a person and not their act of service that is helping you look good to the masses.

1 comments:

Dan Luebcke said...

I totally agree Chris. Good point on reminding us that part of winning is caring in the small details of peoples lives.

You are my Guido.