Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Why I Love the Apprentice

I love watching The Apprentice! Here are the reasons:

First, I love listening to Donald in the board room. Last weeks line was awesome, "You're a total disaster!"

Second, I love finding out what the new task is each week.

Third, I love hearing from Trump's eyes and ears on the field. I liked having his daughter their this week.

Fourth, I truly believe that a youth pastor could win this!

Fifth, I loved the winning teams "reward" this week for getting the most text messages. They didn't go live it up and have a great meal, rather they provided three men with suits who are getting back on their feet. I loved this redemptive twist. It reminded me that even in primetime, where the name of the game is to win and get the sweet job, the more important role is to be a blessing with what you have been giving. I liked seeing Trump take his blessing and make it a blessing for someone else.

Finally, I love this show because I always learn something about leadership. For example, this last week I learned that when you don't have unity in the war room as you are planning and dreaming you will fall flat when it's game time. I was really challenged to evaluate whether or not all of my leaders are unified around our mission, vision and values. When it's game time, do we look like we are standing on a corner in Times Square with nothing happening, and the souls of our students on the line?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, you need to stop watching so much television. I mean really, the apprentice? I think that you need to go and hit the slopes and cut down on the boob tube watching.

Signed,

A concerned friend

Trevor said...

Dear anonymous,
Apparantly, from what Dan tells me, if you have TiVo you can watch an hour long program in about three and a half mintues, so I think he'll be okay.

Dan Luebcke said...

I am okay, thanks trevor. I know who you are anonymous, you should show your identity!

Anonymous said...

To whom it may concern,
While it may be true that you can watch an hour long show in, how did you put it, oh yes, 3 and a half minutes!? let me say this. That is 3 and a half minutes that he'll never get back. He could have been hitting the slopes during that time. That's about all I have to say about that.