Saturday, June 17, 2006

12 Year Old Girls can Marry in Colorado?

That's right! In just 11 years and 8 month my Adah, if she finds the love of her life in sixth grade social studies can decide to get married under the English common law which Colorado recognizes. Traditional marriages in Colorado require the people to be at least 18 or 16 with parent or judicial approval. The article is here. Now that would be fun conversation with Noah, "Dad...I've got a question for ya. Yeah, uh, I'd like your permission to marry Morgan...I'm sixteen!?" Now that's funny!

This whole issue came about as a 15 year old was in court to see if she had a valid marriage to her 38 year old husband.

Leave, cleave and weave, but not in your teens...please kids!

2 comments:

Trevor said...

Dude, I just had a baby daughter, stop messing with my emotions!!

Dan Luebcke said...

Dude...welcome to the club!