Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Coach Dungy's Unstoppable Faith

This article from ESPN is a must read, "Tony Dungy's - Amazing Grace." The article details how the coach has processed the suicide of his son. My friend Brian emailed this to me late last week and I read it this weekend. Several things stood out but here's the quote that grabbed my heart.

This is what Warrick Dunn said of Dungy's faith, not just through the suicide, but through his entire life, "He never gives you room to question his faith."

I stopped for about five minutes and just sat there wondering if people in my life could say that about me. What about the students coming out of our ministry, will they possess an unstoppable faith of their own or will they still be holding on to their parent's faith? What would our students say about their parent's faith? How is what we do in student ministry helping to make this a reality or hurting it? What will my kids say about my faith? Where have I stopped? What needs to change? I want Dungy's unstoppable faith!

0 comments: