Wednesday, June 21, 2006

What Motivates You?

I read this article on what motivates Olympic swimmer Michael Phleps to achieve at the highest level in swimming. Basically, anything motivates him. Here’s what he coach, Bob Bowman says,

"He's motivated by failure, he's motivated by success, he's motivated by money, he's motivated by comments people make. He can take just about anything he comes across and turn it into some kind of motivation. That's one of his greatest attributes."

It got me thinking about what motivates me to achieve at the highest level in my profession. I thank Louie Giglio for this answer. What motivates me is not being the star of my story that will one day be forgotten, but to choose to play a small part in God’s story that will never be forgotten. Could there be anything more motivating than playing a part in God’s story that will never be forgotten? On the flip side, is there anything more scary than choosing to star in your story and it never being remembered?

0 comments: