Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Spanish VBS

Last week we had a great time serving alongside Calvary EFCA just north of our church! It was a great to see our students loving people in our backyard. We sang songs in Spanish, listened to Bible lessons in Spanish, made sweet crafts and had great lunches!

I want our students to have a heart to serve the people in our community. I think too often student ministries and the churches they are in applaud them when they go overseas and not when they stay home. We’ve gone to Poland for years and the trips have been amazing. We’ll keep on doing it! But going to 6th and Sheridan from 9-1:30 for five days was just as exciting!

2 comments:

Alice Robbins said...

I am SO glad that you did this! Good for you Dan! It is not all about coming over here! :) Alice

Dan Luebcke said...

Thanks for your words Alice. I love having an overseas component to our ministry and I am thrilled to have something like this!

See you on Monday!