Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Being Average Stinks!

Something has been on my mind a lot this year. That something has to do with not being average. I don't want to just be your average everyday youth pastor. I just don't want to be your average husband, father, friend, etc... Jim Collins has challenged me to move from Good to Great. Seth Godin has challenged me to stop trying to be perfect and start being remarkable.

Seth Godin had a post this week that spoke more on these themes. "No" to Average. Again it reminded me that there is average all around me every single day. The challenge for me is to say "no" and step out on the edge! So one of my mantra's for the rest of the year is, "Being average stinks!"

I think our new series in our high school ministry, The Urge to Merge, is one way I am stepping out on the edge of average!

0 comments: