Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Financially supporting young life

Yesterday I played in our area Young Life Golf Tournament at Red Rocks Country Club. Will, Dave and Jason joined me. Dave and Will are leaders in our high school community and Jason Shade works for Edward Jones. We shot a 61 and came in sixth! Only by luck and a gust of wind did I happen to win the closest to the pin contest. Hey, it won me $25 and it got me the hat pictured. Dave stepped it up and brought his A game. He was incredible!

Our high school ministry supports Young Life in our area because we believe we need their presence and influence in the lives of the students in our public schools. Jacque and his team are great people and doing a good work here in Southwest Jeffco. I believe it's imperative that student ministries start financially supporting some kind of non-profit in their area that is reaching students. I want our money to match our priorities. I can't wait to tell our students this Sunday how our high school ministry is giving back! It is awesome to be a part of the Kingdom of God!

So next year plan to take $600 of your student ministry budget and give it away to Young Life, or some other non-profit that is effectively reaching students in your area with the gospel message!

0 comments: