Thursday, May 10, 2007

Underclassmen Night

Last night the underclassmen dawned our doorstep in a large heard. Where did they all come from? They just kept jumping through the door. There was so much energy in my house and outside my house I am quite positive my neighbors must of thought I was throwing a Kegger! :) There were red cups everywhere!

At one point I saw my neighbor Andy looking out from his porch smiling at me, shaking his head in disbelief at the mass of pubescent humanity that decided to settle in our humble neighborhood for an evening.

The sheer volume that was spewing forth from their mouths had to have been heard at C-470 and I-70. I was expecting to wake up and see in the paper that the National Earthquake Information Center in Golden, Co. recorded a slight shift in the Earth's crust near Red Rocks Amphitheater due to the Rugby/Football/Lacrosse game that was played in my backyard for and hour and a half.

Watching them eat my wife's EPIC chocolate chip cookies reminded me watching Adah, who is one, learn to eat a cookie. More was on my floor than in their gut.

We spent a total of seven minutes together on my porch catching up on the calendar and praying. The prayers were short and sincere. My announcements were short and sincere.

Finally, they did all of the above texting their friends who were across my lawn or inside while they were outside! :)

I love underclassmen! The next two years are going to be fun with these loose canons! They are SO much fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan, this is pure genius. Thanks for a great laugh! These classes are going to rock the world.

Dan Luebcke said...

YES THEY ARE!!!!!!!!!