Friday, May 18, 2007

Season of Change - 2

The last time our church searched for a senior pastor was 29 years ago! This isn't something we are used to doing. It's been fun this week to talk with people now that the word is out that our Senior Pastor could be potentially (depending on the vote June 24) be our new missions pastor. I am going to be blogging on the topics that come up in my conversations. This week question, "How old should the new senior pastor be?" Early 30's? Mid-thirties? Late 30's. Early 40's. Mid-forties? Late forties? I've received all six of these answers from people this week. People are all over the board thinking the new guy should be young (limited or no senior pastor experience) with the potential of having him stay for a long time, to someone in their forties who is more seasoned and been in the role before! All six answers are valid and have their strengths and weaknesses. Thoughts?

2 comments:

Alice Robbins said...

I have my idea of who I would like to come after Jerry. I will not say here, but I think you know who I mean.

Alice

Dan Luebcke said...

Alice, you offer a unique perspective of this having been a "lifer" at SGC. Please keep posting from Poland to keep us in the loop with your perspective.