Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sublaxation

Today I had my first adjustment. It was my first adjustment by a chiropractor. Tomorrow is my second. I learned about sublaxation. Bottom line: THE SPINE IS IMPORTANT. It was amazing. I looked a my spine on x-rays. I've got some minor adjustments needed in the middle of my back...not bad. My neck on the other hand is perfectly straight, and I found out today that it's supposed to be curved. Who knew I was so messed up on the inside? Don't answer. So we headed to the table and I got adjusted. Several pushes up and down the spine, several cracks, twists, two grunts from a me and an "Oh Jesus help me" after he twisted my neck twice (I thought I was paralyzed) and I was done. The picture in this post represents the chiropractic care I've had for past 32 years...not good.

I had never in my life walked into a chiropractor's office. I've always been told that once you go you'll go the rest of your life. They just mess you up to make money off you. I told the Doctor that and he asked me if I was serious. Do you really believe that?

Today reminded me of a student who came to our church recently for the first time in his life and met me. He told me that he'd always heard that once he went he'd be convinced that he'd have to go to get right with God for the rest of his life - to feel guilty about his sins. That we just mess with people by telling them they're bad and they need God so we can pass the plate on Sundays and make money! I looked at him and asked him if he was serious. Do you really believe that?

Presuppositions have consequences. According to my Doc mine were wrong. According to the student ministry pastor this student met at church his were wrong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two questions for you bud- was it Maximized Health? Sounds a lot like my chiro dr. at Maximized Health.... second question- you ever heard anything about Bethany EV Free? We are going to try it out tomorrow... just curious. Take care!

Dan Luebcke said...

mandie jones,

Doesn't that name just have a nice ring to it? It wasn't Maximized Health! Bethany EV Free is a great church!!!!!! GO for it!!!!!! Let me know how it goes!!