Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I'm an Omnivore

I took this test from Pew Internet and I'm an Omnivore. We make up 8% of the population. Our median age is 28. We have at least 6 IT devices. 89% of us have broadband Internet at home. Our basic description : "They have the most information gadgets and services, which they use voraciously to participate in cyberspace and express themselves online." - YEP!

What kind of information technology user are you?

I wholeheartedly agree that being an omnivore has increased my ability to do my job better! This survey got me thinking today about something: I can see how the IT world has changed me, but what is it like for our students? What has changed me is "normal" for them. What will the test look like when they are in their 30's? How will they be changed?

2 comments:

Alice Robbins said...

I took the survey! I too am an Omnivore! No wonder why we get along so well!

Dan Luebcke said...

A Rob the omnivore! I owe some of my "essence" to you! I'll see you next month in Krakow!