Friday, May 25, 2007

Hurley and our leaders

Wednesday night was EPIC! A bunch of our high school leaders huddled up at my in-laws and watched the season finale of LOST after consuming some tasty morsels. Everyone in the room started cheering when Hurley came from out of nowhere and plowed some dude over! It was like we were watching the Superbowl! What a night! Charlie died. Others were blown up! Hurley in the VW Van was epic. Future Jack is messed up! Looks like he gets off but was in better shape on the island. Jack pounds Ben's face into the sand. Rousseau and Alex meet. We saw Penny! Walt? Locke couldn't walk, then he could? Who's in the casket? Okay...enough...back to my point.

Julie and I woke up the next morning enjoying the time with our leaders more than we did the season finale. It's an amazing feeling to be a part of a student ministry that has leaders that enjoy being around each other outside the context of church. It does wonders to my soul to be a part of times like this where the only agenda is food, community and LOST! I love serving alongside these leaders. It makes me think how hard ministry would be if I didn't have a strong team. What if there were elephants in the room, etc...? What's been your experience?

2 comments:

Trevor said...

I say it's Sawyer in the casket.

Alice Robbins said...

Not Sawyer, Trev. There was a "J" on the newspaper clipping. Either Julia or John or maybe even Jacob. Jack wants to see Kate, so I think it is Julia. . . her sister could be dead and she has no one else. I don't think Jack would cry about John, but Julia. . . I think he would. :)


Hey Dan, Kudos on the Hurley take! I wish we had more Hurley's investing in this generation. Not perfect and even seen as a liabilty yet, never put back becuase of the way others see him. He ALWAYS does the right thing and is as feeling as he is logical.