Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Football, seniors and spiritual leadership

I had the privilege to grab Starbucks yesterday with a senior from our group who is gearing up for a run at the state championship in 5A football as the quarterback for his team. We had a great time talking about everything and at the end of our time I wanted him to know that I was praying for all of our seniors weekly by name. I asked him what what was on his heart for the up and coming fall. His answer, “Being a spiritual leader.” He went on to describe how he used last year’s team silence before games to inject praying into what his team does before games. It spread. Other guys wanted to start praying. One guy cussed while he prayed.

What a prayer request to start the year off! Today marks the start of school for the students in Jefferson County (the largest number of our students attend Jeffco schools) and I can’t think of a better request to pray for him and all of our seniors as they head into the new school year!

1 comments:

Kristen said...

dude - I'm glad you finally caught up with him! Hope it was encouraging for you!