Friday, August 04, 2006

Seeing seeds sprout

I was reminded this week that we can't expect growth in our lives and in the lives of the students we are leading unless we faithfully plants seeds with the hope of it growing. We've got to faithfully plant the Word of God, the priority of prayer, community and serving one another, etc...all of the time if we expect to see something sprout. The faithfulness in our ministry is a faithfulness of planting. Too often I want to see the sprouting and forget that it takes time to prepare the soil, find the right seed, plant it right, pray for rain, and wait for the harvest.

I've seen it play out in my life since I've been home from Poland. I've been planting the priority of prayer, and time in the Word and I am starting to see patience sprout instead of anger. I'm barely above the soil. I'm grateful to see some light. I can't wait to see which students in our ministry are going to get above the soil this year!

0 comments: