Monday, August 28, 2006

Tiger Woods - Swing Portrait

In light of Tiger’s fourth straight win yesterday I thought it would only be appropriate to point you the Nike commercial that’s been running on television. Thanks to Dave, one of high school leaders, for pointing me to this amazing video (below). Trust me, it’s worth at least one look, if not four and from different viewpoints!

Watching this video made me stop and think about what it would look like to watch what I do in slow motion. I know it sounds weird, but I think there’s some great value in being able to film every movement of your “swing” to see where you need improvement. I can’t film all that I do, but I can seek the advice and counsel of those who watch me every week. I can take time to get away once a month to see where I’ve been and where I am headed. I can read books that challenge me. I've got close friends who watch over me. I've got a wife that sharpens me.

I never want to stop looking for my perfect “swing” in ministry.

Tiger Woods - Swing Portrait

5 comments:

Pat R said...

How cool! I especially like the one where you can see the tee spinning away.

Dan Luebcke said...

YES! I really like how you can choose a different section below and watch it in the swing!

Do you think Dave's swing will ever look like this?

Alice Robbins said...

What an incredible creation! Tiger is the only one who has gotten me even mildly interested in golf. I still could take it or leave it, but when he is on the TV, I stop and watch! What a swing!

Pat R said...

Of course!

(How's that for a "mom" comment?)

Dan Luebcke said...

Alice...you like golf!

Pat...I knew you would say that!