Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Standing at the door

I was standing at the door of my office last week and I saw something for the first time. I looked out and saw three new people sitting at their desks working that weren't there last year! Matt was working on the calendar for the jr. high ministry. Kelly was working on getting our i2i retreat homes lined up and Carey was cranking on stuff for the Amazing Race which is later today!

I just stood there thanking God for the gift of these three individuals. I am looking forward to building into these three gifted individuals over the next year. I am realizing that having three new people in the office changes what I do when I am in the office. My routines from the past couple of years are gone! I need to be there to answer questions, talk through issues, etc…

Standing at the door and seeing the change made me realize I can embrace the changes or fight them. Even though I stayed around it doesn't mean my old habits of doing things can!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I miss you!!
Hang on to the memories...
But I'm excited to see how the changes positively affect all of SGC student ministry! My prayers are with you!

Anonymous said...

I was walking with my wife and daughter tonight in Clement Park and we almost got run over by crazy high school students with arm bands. Then I looked to a nearby hill and saw a red haired person that looked like a youth pastor. Israel has found you!

Dan Luebcke said...

Kristen...thanks for your prayers!

Joel...you're funny! I was hoping one of our groups would wipe you out! :)

Israel not only found me at Clement but it's found my blog!

Alice Robbins said...

What a great start to a great year! I look forward to seeing how God works this fall in the Student ministries area! I look forward to seeing you. What a great group of people God has placed to work with you! I look forward to meeting Matt.

Keep following the ONE who is worthy!