Monday, August 07, 2006

An old friend and being a Watchman

This weekend I got the privilege to hang out with an old friend. Phil brought his family out from Minnesota for the weekend. He’s a movie buff and works in the food industry. He’s also the brother of my friend Tim. Seeing him this weekend reminded of my senior year in high school. Phil, Chris, Frohl and myself met every week (almost) for our Watchmen prayer group. I still remember leaving Frontroom Pizza late on Fridays or Saturdays and heading to Chris’ house for prayer and accountability. I remember this verse grabbing my heart to start this group,

Isaiah 62:6 “ 6 I have posted watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; they will never be silent day or night. You who call on the LORD, give yourselves no rest,”

I am praying for watchmen in our high school ministry this fall!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dan,
I didn't know you started the whole watchmen thing. That group was pivotal in my following Christ with all of who I am. The accountability and prayer were things I had never had before in my life. Good stuff.

Dan Luebcke said...

We really both need to thank Fritz who lived a passionate spirituality out in front of us that was grounded in prayer!!!

Hope things are well in WYOMING bro!

Anonymous said...

The Watchman actually has a significant history that pre-dates those guys. The question now is: Who are "The Watchman" of today?