Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A Whole New Mind

I absolutely loved reading this book by Daniel Pink. Man has it got me thinking about myself and my high school ministry! The quick overview today and then some specific applications later in the week and next as I see them in student ministry! Pink suggests that we are moving from the information age to the conceptual age, or moving from a left-brain dominated world to a more right-brain dominated world. He suggests that there are 6 aptitudes we should be exploring, in addition to what the left-brain offers, if we are going to make a difference in our high-concept, high-touch world.

1. Not just function but also Design.
2. Not just argument but also Story.
3. Not just focus but also Symphony.
4. Not just logic but also Empathy.
5. Not just seriousness but also Play.
6. Not just accumulation but also Meaning.


Design, Story, Symphony, Empathy, Play and Meaning.

0 comments: