Monday, August 21, 2006

The Jesus Creed

I read this book in July and I’ve been reading it again this past week. Does this tell you what I think of this book? I bought this book for my staff and I can’t wait to get their feedback. The Jesus Creed is about loving God and loving others. This book is about spiritual formation and it points us on every page to the One we are being formed into! It’s a clarion call to every youth worker to make spiritual formation about loving God and loving others first! What’s more, it’s the book that I think articulates what I want our high school students to look like when they start college. We want students to possess a Great Commandment Heart and live a Great Commission Life!

Here’s the clincher…after I read this book I emailed Mr. McKnight to thank him for writing this book and he emailed me back the same day! I can't get people down the hall in the church to do that! :) Buy two copies of this book! Buy one for yourself and one to give away! You can also check out the Jesus Creed blog under my links!

2 comments:

Alice Robbins said...

I have seen this book but thought that Scot with only on "t" was a bit strange. I will have to get this when I come home.

Dan Luebcke said...

I have a copy for you Alice!!!!!!!!!!!