Thursday, July 20, 2006

Bringing Up Boys

I read this book on the plane from Krakow to Chicago! I really enjoyed the book. I kept thinking of the boys we are raising and I would just start laughing out loud as a memory would pop up. The Polish lady next to me was a little perterbed by my outbursts but I couldn't help myself.

The thing that sticks out most to me today about this book as I think back on it is the simple fact that we need to celebrate the aggressive natures God has placed in our boys! We need to embrace the purposes of their natures and enjoy them! Ultimately, we need to thank God for the way Josiah can make a gun out of a hanger and kill the bad guys, and for the way Noah thinks he can swing on everything to escape death!

But with all this comes the challenge of shaping it and molding it more into the image of Jesus. There's no doubt about it, the next 15 years are going to be pure excitement! There's no doubt about this either, its going to have to start with prayer.

0 comments: