Friday, July 07, 2006

My Screeching Daughter!

I heard from Julie on Friday morning around 12:15 a.m. Poland time. I was tired from speaking and leading our team meeting. From about 10:00 p.m. on the night was one constant emotional roller coaster for me. As I was talking to Julie I kept hearing this screeching, cute screeching, and I asked Julie if that was Adah. She said “Yes!” I couldn’t believe it…she’s screeching! Julie put the phone up to her and I felt like I was listening to in Dolby 6.1 surround sound!

When I hung up with Julie God reminded me of something I can’t forget. With my third kid here I need to get excited about Adah screeching and everything else she does for the first time. I can’t miss all the little things she does because I have been there and done that with Noah and Josiah. I can’t overlook her turning over, or eating cereal, or sitting up, or rolling over, over starting to laugh, or learning to play, or whatever! We already have less video and fewer pictures of her, so my prayer is that she won’t feel like there’s less love. Words can’t express in my heart what this little girl is doing to me. I can’t wait to kiss her sweet, chubby little cheeks on Wednesday morning.

0 comments: