Saturday, July 01, 2006

Finding Jesus When Your Tired - It's a MUST!

It's hard for me to believe I am sitting in the 5th floor flat of the pastor of the church we are serving alongside this week. We just finished watching Brazil loose to France. I am not sure why, but it's much more interesting to watch the World Cup here than at home!

Chicago seems like it was a week ago. The long flight, the long bus ride today to get to Zielona Gora and now I am preparing to prepare to preach...all of it reminds me that I won't be sleeping a lot in the next 9 days. I'll be up late and I'll be up early. It's one of the fascinating aspects of leading a trip. You stay up late to get the blogs done while the students are staying in polish homes. You stay up late to clean up. You stay up late having conversations with anyone who will listen because you want God to use every conversation for His glory. You stay up late thinking through not only what's going on at camp, but what's going on inside the hearts of the students and leaders that are with you. Even tonight I am scrolling through my mind how our students and leaders are doing.

You get up early. You have to or you'll just stay in bed all day! I get up and do some push-ups and sit-ups to get the blood running. Take a shower and head to the leaders meeting. I bought extra Nescafe today because I know by Friday I am going to need an IV of coffee just to walk to breakfast!

But none of this bothers me. It's what you sign up for when Dan Hash asks you to come to Poland. I wouldn't trade it for any other trip!

All of this loss of sleep reminds me what Jesus did on a busy day in his life. He got up early and went to be alone with God. I don't want to miss this lesson this year. I don't want to miss Him in my life personally on this trip. I am excited for the next week.

0 comments: