Sunday, July 09, 2006

Hearing My Wife's Voice

Last night I heard from Julie ever so briefly but it reminded me how much I miss hearing her voice. There is no question that I miss seeing her, but I miss her voice and that came from out of nowhere last night.

I remember when we first started dating and I would lay on my bed anxiously waiting to call her while she was at UNC and I was at CCU. Just hearing her voice back then did something in me; it created this sense of companionship and love that I can’t explain.

We talked about everything all night. Now, it’s not like we don’t talk, accept about working, raising kids, etc… This trip has helped me realize that I don’t take the necessary time away when I am home to hear my wife’s voice. I don’t take the time for just the two of us, with no kids, talking the night away and talking about everything. On this trip I can’t wait to hear her voice!

I am looking forward to walking up the escalator and getting a hug from her, hearing the words, “Welcome home babe!” Then, I am looking forward to getting away in the next week as Tierra, from our Poland team, is going to watch our kids!

I think Julie might call tonight! It’s kind of like she’s at UNC all over again!

1 comments:

Trevor said...

I face the same struggle. Once you have kids it really takes effort to keep the marriage growing!