Monday, July 24, 2006

Superman Returns

I saw this movie late last night and I loved it. Quick fact - I played golf with Singer's dad five years ago in Phoenix. Noah loved the movie too. Noah’s favorite part was when “Superman got more energy from the sun.” Then Noah was a little puzzled to see Superman drinking a beer. He leaned over and whispered, “Superman doesn’t drink beer mom!”

For me, I woke up this morning with this dialogue between Lois and Superman on my mind:

Lois Lane: The world doesn't need a Savior...
Clark Kent: Listen...
Lois Lane: I don't hear anything.
Clark Kent: I do. I hear everything. You wrote that the world doesn't need a Savior, but every day I hear people crying for one.

Many things are going through my mind as it relates to this dialogue, but as I head into my week I am reminding myself that I need to listen and hear everything that’s going on in our students lives because they are crying for a Savior. Behind the “I am cool, life is great” attitude that they display on the outside there is a loud cry on the inside that can only be stopped by the amazing love of God. Every time we meet as a community of students someone’s crying. The question for our leaders and myself is, “Do we hear them?” Once we hear their cry, we have nothing more to offer than the Gospel which when responded to, will change their tears of fear into tears of joy!

1 comments:

Trevor said...

Nice dialogue! There is something innate in people that they know they need a Savior, even though culture, pride, and busyness often push those thoughts to the very back of their minds.