Saturday, July 15, 2006

Inspecting What You Expect

I learned on this trip to Poland that I must be on top of every detail that everyone does. I think this is the most draining piece of leading this trip. You have to be thinking about what 15 other people are thinking about, doing, saying, thinking about saying, and the stuff they should be saying. You have to double check and triple check almost 50% of the stuff that happens and at any moment you let your guard down huge things can go wrong. What seems to be like little “oh wells” turn into…well you put the phrase in! This is why being ultimately responsilbe on a trip of this magnitude can make you cranky in about a half of second!

It’s also reminded me that as I approach a new season of ministry this fall I need to pay more attention to detail. I need to pay attention to the little things no one sees. It’s tempting to just pay attention to just the big things, but I must be persistent about inspecting the little things well. In the words of Mr. Knapp, “You can’t expect what you don’t inspect!”

0 comments: