Monday, July 31, 2006

What I am teaching my kids about prayer

I realized this Sunday that I am doing a HORRIBLE job of modeling prayer for my kids. I pray before meals and before they go to bed. That's it. I am not saying this is bad, but I know deep down in my sould it's not enough. Nehemiah's priority of prayer has really challenged me this week to model it more for my kids.

Thankfully, I've got Julie. She prays. It's wonderful. I have so much to learn from her. The other day they were out at lunch and an ambulance came to pick up a lady. Julie grabbed the boys close and said, "Lets pray for that lady." They prayed. I know they prayed because when I got home Noah didn't tell me about the toy he got at lunch he talked about the ambulance and how they prayed for the lady who went off in it.

1 comments:

Trevor said...

It really brings it home when you start to think about what you're modeling for your kids.