Monday, July 03, 2006

Where Does My Help Come From?

These words that David penned in his journal have been going through my mind all day as I look at the mountains in Zakopane (I've tried to post a picture but the connection is to slow).

It is such a joy to watch our students and leaders serve here at camp. After a 9-hour bus ride and a short night of sleep our first day at the camp was great! Students and staff are building relationships with the Polish leaders and students and it’s a wonderful picture of relational ministry!

Today I got to go with Lee to the hospital. He broke his collarbone in two places. It looks like it hurts. He is doing great! The Doc got everything back in place and he has some good pain medication. What a privilege it was to walk alongside Lee today in a Polish hospital. I was grateful to have Kasia present to translate. Lee was great! Even the nurse commented on how brave he was! He is in great spirits and our team prayed for him tonight. Oh, did I mention, it’s Lee’s birthday?! Happy birthday buddy!

Between the mountains and Lee there couldn’t be a better word today than to remember that our help truly does come from God!

As the Internet is up and running in the kitchen I will post!

1 comments:

Kristen said...

so I finally got some internet access so I could catch up with you! great to hear how the trip is going - and how God is working. I miss you and everyone else tons! I'll be praying for you!