Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Missing the 4th of July

It just hit me today that I am missing creating any tradition for my family celebrating the 4th of July except for the fact that I am out of town. I’m stuck. English Camps run for two weeks over three different sessions. We are in the first session, which means I miss the 4th of July. The second session is during the boys’ birthdays so I can’t do that session. The third session doesn’t interfere with anything.

I guess this is hitting me in a fresh way because I read Choosing to Cheat by Andy Stanley on the plane on our way from Chicago to Krakow. In some sense, I am cheating my family and the families of our church out of celebrating the fourth of July and that’s a big deal! We’ll see what happens next year.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only speak for our family; but please be assured, we do not feel cheated but blessed that you are willing to sacrifice so much to do this for the Polish students and our kids. Thanks Dan, Julie and kids