Friday, July 07, 2006

A Broken Team

Thursday night I watched person after person, adults and students, share how the Spirit of God is forcing them to face the reality of where they are in their relationship with Jesus. Words can’t begin to explain the tears I saw, the deep reflections each person had, the desire to want to find God in their own lives here, and their desire to be a difference maker here at camp and when they get home. I watched our leaders be vulnerable and I am so grateful that these ten students got to see the hearts of the adults on this trip. I want our students to see the adult leaders in our group as people on the journey towards maturity in Christ, the good, the bad and the ugly. I don’t want a fake, "smile everything is fine" Christianity put on display for our students as the picture of Christian maturity. I want our students to see that the mystery that God loves us based on nothing we do. I want them to see that pursuing this mystery is the hardest thing to pursue on this Earth and at the same time the greatest thing to find.

We closed our time looking at that attitude of our Abba, our Daddy, as he welcomed home his lost son. He welcomed him home not with a list of what he had done wrong, but welcomed him home with a hug and a banquet!!!!!! What a night!

1 comments:

Krista said...

dan, i love what you wrote. thanks for being in Poland. i'm returning this wednesday but it's awesome to be reminded God is still at work there... he never leaves. Krista