Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Thankful for Deposits

There are so many people along the way who have been a part of making me who I am as a pastor of students. Everyone’s made a deposit. Yesterday I got the chance to play golf with one of those men and his son. Al was the Jr. High Sunday School teacher while I was volunteering in the Jr. High ministry and when I first took over the leadership of it in 1996. I watched him week after week. I listened. I learned. Eventually he left and I assumed the role of teacher and haven't stopped teaching.

I got the chance yesterday to say “Thanks” to Al yesterday for being a part of my story as a developing pastor of students. There are so many people who have made deposits in my life that have had huge returns. It reminded me that we must be willing to have those who have gone before us making deposits in our lives. It reminded me that one of the passions of youth ministry should be getting leaders motivated to make deposits in lives of students. Our leaders must be depositing a love for God and a love for others.

I can’t wait to see who God will bring through the balance of this year to make a deposit in my life!

0 comments: